Monday, July 20, 2009

When my daughter Anna was born, I had a great idea. I would buy a journal for each of the kids to write letters and prayers for them in that I would one day give them as a keepsake when they turned 18 or 21, or got married. You get the idea. I began writing in Anna's right away. I wrote down her first smiles, first words, first steps, etc. I filled it with letters and prayers. It has about 50 pages written in it. When Abigail came along, I began writing in one for her. It has about 25 pages in it. Then came Micah, and his has about 9 pages written in so far. Last year, I managed to finally buy journals for Caleb and Ezra, and I don't think I've written anything in them! They are cool looking journals. I have to say that. And one of them has their birth story written on a napkin stuck inside. I imagined the other day that the Lord decided to take me home, and my kids were left with their memories of me and their journals. So...though I am going get around to writing in the journals...one of these days. At least I can document some of our stories on this blog. Perhaps I will one day get it published into a book, like Kelly did. And they they will have a great record of their growing up years.

1 comment:

  1. Yippie Skippie! So glad you're going to do this!! You are officially on my blog roll!

    (I am working on year two of the blog book right now. It is a lot of work to edit each post, but I keep telling myself it is so worth it to document the stuff for the kids. You will be so glad you did it too!)

    ReplyDelete